Friday, August 7, 2009

"It's a lifestyle!"

I have been hearing that for a couple of times in the week before the weekend that just passed.
Alright alright, I know, the weekend has passed for sometime already & another one is just coming in.

I have been plunging for the pits lately. I have no idea why but it seems that when things happen, they come in domino-effect.
Here's what they are...

First it all started out with a phone call. Then an appointment...
The appointment had a test conducted that shows my weight to be the Devil's weight at 66.6kg, Body Mass Index (BMI) to be 22.2kg/m-square, a well-balanced body and my Physical Fitness Score is Very Good at a score of 81.

Next, I was being talked through the various packages and attractive rates that they are currently offering. Gosh, the rates are really attractive. Nothing like I expected!
It seems like these people can actually know what I have been thinking about!
Having such a good offer at my fingertips, how can I not grab hold of it?
Then came the questions whether if do I really need such a membership and would I actually utilise the facilities. Not forgetting that I am already in quite a good shape!
And so I was told though my score is high, what I can achieve with them, will make me a complete machine. And besides if I take it up, I am sure to utilise them!
It's a lifestyle! Somehow, I couldn't agree any less.

That was O-N-E. And now comes the T-W-O.
A phone call and then an appointment. Sounds familiar huh. Smiles.
Right, this is more of an indulgence and pampering.
You feel a sense of serenity and soothness taking over the moment you step in; you feel the restless soul inside taking a breather and your breathing starts to slow.
Yes, that is what happens when a person is feeling relaxed.

I went in for the trial session and what more can I ask for, after a long swim ages since I last swam, than a pair of good hands.
Out I came, almost floating.
There I was, going through another talk about the packages at oh-so-attractive rates.
It was like deja vu; questions of the same type popped up. Something I remember going through not too long ago!
What harm is there, to occassionally pamper oneself? Besides, it's a lifestyle!
Somehow, I couldn't agree any less. Again.

Am I an opportunist or just a sucker for such?
The former holds a higher degree of certainty while the latter is still going through transitory.
I have to make my mind, to minimise damage.
For it's a lifestyle!
Beware: The above sentence is very powerful. Please practise with care.

1 comment:

ah KiaT said...

i went there once but there's too many users!

but the machines are good!
haha got a good deal bro! :)