Sunday, October 12, 2008

Another stone in life


Quadthlon. 500m coastal swim, 12km skate, 20km cycling & 6km run.
With my buddy, Banshiro or rather how I address him, Ah Long.
2 hours 33 minutes & 2 hours 37 minutes.
Was a good timing as I was looking to complete in the 2 hours 30 minutes mark.

Swim 500m was easy & water was calm. Nothing as what I thought it would be. Perhaps everybody was looking out for one another. But we lost each other during the swim.

Next up was the skating 12km. Nothing much to highlight except for a tightness in the right tibialis anterior muscle. It was quite distracting but I pressed on.
Nothing too difficult for me, given a mentality prep yesterday.

Then it was the cycle 20km leg. Took quite a bit of time on this discipline due to equipment failure. But slow & steady we completed it.

Final leg, 6km run. Now this is the torturing part.
Stitches, tight muscles on the lower leg, and starting off was quite a puffer.
Managed to control it with the mind over body method; telling myself that I must not stop and I'm gonna achieve this.
And I was very surprised that I was so close to the timing I had in mind!

Though along the way, I had a few frustrations but I just let it go. Also partly due to the fact that when you're sweating it out, you just feel lighter!
Nevertheless, it was a good experience and I enjoyed it!
Like I said, in the previous post. The feeling of it just makes me high.
What kind of feeling, ask me personally!

Now having completed the Quadthlon, I feel that I can go even further...
To place another stone in life...
A milestone...



What about you...?

No comments: